Wood Quilt Block Wall Art
Inspired by old hand sewn quilts, this wonderful piece is a combination of six different wood species. Premium mahogany, red oak, walnut, cherry, cedar & sapele wood ply create this hand drawn original piece.
Finished with Tung Oil this piece measures 15.5 inches by 15.5 inches and is 3/4 of an inch deep. The handmade stained frame brings the piece together and comes with all of the needed hanging hardware so it can be hung immediately making it the perfect choice for yourself or the perfect housewarming or wedding gift. Please keep in mind that wood is a natural product, some pieces may have slight imperfections as is common in nature and I believe adds to the overall appearance of the quilt.
-How It’s Made-
– Design is hand drawn by myself.
– Individual pieces are laser cut, sanded and then fitted together by hand. There will be slight variations in thickness of each wood piece, rather than sanding
“perfectly” smooth I believe this adds to the uniqueness of the wall hanging.
– Once fitted together the piece is then glued to a 1/4 inch backer board using quality wood glue.
– Two coats of Tung oil are applied bringing out the wonderful color and grain of the wood.
– Handmade frame is added and hanging hardware applied.
– Packaged carefully and then shipped directly to you!
Crafts By Nonny
A former stay at home mom now grandmother I finally have the time to persue my passion for crafting! I love making things that people can use and feel connected to!